VITAMIN C ENRICHED SKINCARE: IN CONVERSATION WITH CELEBRITY FACIALIST GINA MARÍ
Renowned celebrity, LA-based facialist Gina Marí is known for creating and maintaining glowing, healthy-looking skin. To discover more about Vitamin C and its skincare benefits we spoke to the expert about this notorious ingredient and its potential skin health-boosting attributes…
- What are they key benefits of including Vitamin C infused skincare in your daily regimen?
Vitamin C plays a major role as a powerful Antioxidant. It neutralizes free radical damage caused by UV light, smoke and air pollution. It’s great for all skin types due to its hydration properties as well as its ability to help normalize problem skin. Using Vitamin C in your daily regimen will help to brighten your skin for a more even tone.
- Should you use Vitamin C in the morning and/or evening?
I would suggest using Vitamin C both morning and evening. It not only will protect and support skin’s structure from UV-related damage it will boost the efficacy of sunscreen actives.
- Do you recommend taking Vitamin C supplements orally and applying Vitamin C skincare topically to achieve the best ‘glow-boosting’ results?
Applying Vitamin C topically will give you greater and quicker results than orally. When in the proper form, topical Vitamin C has a higher concentrate than Vitamin C supplements.
- Vitamin C is commonly referred to as an ‘anti-aging’ superstar ingredient – can it really help mitigate anti-aging concerns before and after they occur?
Because of skin’s ability to easily absorb topical Vitamin C, daily use will absolutely help by complementing the skin’s the protective barrier function.
- Firmer, smoother, brighter-looking skin – it sounds too good to be true! Will using one Vitamin C based skincare product in your regimen really make a difference?
Yes, having Vitamin C in your daily skincare routine will make a difference. It allows your skin cells to remain healthy-looking and to perform their necessary functions.
- How does Vitamin C help to shield skin from the visible impact of pollution?
It has powerful Antioxidant properties that help fight off free radicals and prevent future damage. It helps complement the protective barrier of the skin to help do its job and fight off pollution.